Thursday, September 15, 2005

Withdrawal Part 2

I have been working my way through the list of withdrawal symptoms listed in the Healy Report mentioned yesterday.

During Tuesday and Wednesday I worked through:
  • Agitation

  • Depression

  • Lability of Mood

  • Irritability

  • Confusion

  • Insomnia or Drowsiness

  • Mood Swings

  • Feelings of Unreality

Today I woke up to:
  • Dizziness

  • Headache

  • Fatigue/Malaise

  • Flu-like Feelings

  • Nausea, Diarrhoea, Flatulence (Not the second, fortunately)

Which may sound bad, but they're a lot better than the emotions of the previous days. I did struggle to get up, repeatedly pressing the snooze button on the alarm clock for an hour. I finally dragged myself into work and I'm glad I did, as I'm feeling a little better for it.

Fortunately, I haven't had any of the following, yet:
  • Muscle Spasms

  • Tremor

  • Electric Shock-like Sensations

  • Other Strange Tingling or Painful Sensations

  • Dreams, including Vivid Dreams

  • Sweating

  • Feelings of being Hot or Cold

I printed off the report yesterday so that H could read it, which turned out to be a pretty good idea, as at least she has a bit more understanding of what I'm going through now.

It is a little concerning that I am going through all this dropping from 40mg to 30mg, and could well have to go through it, or worse, for another 3 steps.

One day at a time though, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home