Thursday, September 08, 2005

Weaning, Take 2, Part I

Drugs of choice:
40mg Fluoxetine (for now)
8mg Acrivastine (as required)
Fajitas
Frances the Mute (The Mars Volta)


It's almost five months since my last attempt at weaning off the anti-depressants.

I went to see my GP this morning, just a usual appointment to check how things are going before renewing my prescription. We discussed how things have been positive lately, the occasional down but mostly consistent ups. So we agreed to try again. For the next fortnight I will drop down to 30mg of Fluoxetine per day, which means taking one 20mg capsule tomorrow and two the day after, repeating that pattern for a while. Then trying to go down to just one tablet every day.

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm not scared, just a little nervous. It's a positive step, which means a lot to me, but even more to H. I can read my signs, I know the difference between grumpy and a down, so I know that I can always go back up to two a day.

I think I have been coasting for the last few weeks, which would probably explain this blog being a little slow. I need to think more about my actions to manage myself through this change. Time for a little extra self-analysis, which in turn should mean some more posting. After all, posting here is part of my self-prescribed therapy and you are my self-appointed support group.

Please ensure your safety harness is firmly in place and keep your arms within the car. The ride is about to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home