Thursday, July 14, 2005

Tired

Drugs of choice:
40mg Fluoxetine
8mg Acrivastine as required
Cream Soda
Donderevo


A change of antihistamine. According to the notes, the tablets I was taking shouldn't cause tiredness, but I have been so exhausted lately that I have to try something. These new tablets are taken on demand, they only take 15 minutes to start working. So far I haven't needed one, so who knows how good they are?

The tiredness could be related to my procrastination. I have some work to do, but nothing exciting, demanding or urgent. So I put it off, occupy myself in other ways, and end up doing not a lot at all. My brain isn't being exercised, so it is slowing down.

Sent my cv off in response to a job advertised online. Don't know why, doubt I'll even get an interview, but it felt like something I wanted to do.

Seeing the doctor this afternoon. Need a fresh prescription for my fluoxetine. I will talk to him about the tiredness, about not wanting to reduce my dose until after returning from my honeymoon. I am nervous about 'coming down' after a 3 week holiday and all of the excitement of the wedding.

2 Comments:

Blogger broke said...

Hi jag, I've been catching up on your blog - not been reading much in the last few days. I think you're wise to wait until after the wedding before reducing your medication. A friend of mine who suffers from depression finds that after good things happen her spirits often dip. Despite the fact that she has a great husband, and had a lovely wedding, she did go downhill for a while afterwards. This took her by surprise as she had been so happy; she has since learnt to be more prepared.

It's interesting to read about your job, but I don't envy you the 70-mile commute. This sounds like it could be quite stressful - I assume it adds quite a lot of time to your working day.
It sounds as if you have quite a lot of self-awareness about how you are, which I would guess is a great protection mechanism. If you are monitoring your health, then you are less likely to be caught unawares by a sudden shift in your spirits. I'm afraid this has often been my downfall.
I do wish you well -
Take care
B

Fri Jul 15, 02:45:00 PM GMT  
Blogger broke said...

Postcards from the honeymoon would be great! But I dare say blogging might be the last thing on your mind -
B

Mon Jul 18, 08:20:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home