Tuesday, July 12, 2005

History

As my readership appears to be expanding, and to help me avoid writing about things that I've already done to death, I thought I would post a little background and summary of the story so far...

I'm JAG, I'm 33 and I suffer with depression.

I met J in 1991, we married in 1996 and we had two children, my daughter B (now 6) and son G (now 3).

Towards the end of 2003, my mother became very sick - Catalyst – and in January 2004 she died. I haven't been able to write about this yet, but I have been able to talk about the funeral – Catalyst Part 3. My mother's death did not cause my depression, instead it started a series of changes in my life that lead in that direction. I inherited her strength, her courage and determination, and used them to make some serious decisions about my life.

In April 2004, J & I broke up and have since divorced - A year ago today... The upheavals in my personal life no doubt contributed to my troubles, but it was work that really caused my stress and depression.

I have worked for the same company, big pharma, since 1992. Various changes culminated in my feeling suicidal and breaking down in December 2004 - Cause and Effect.

Fortunately, by then I was madly in love with H. She is 31, she is beautiful, she works two desks away from me and she saved my life – Celebrations.

We marry in 11 days' time. I hope you continue reading to find out what happens and to see the gaps in my history fill in.

I'm getting better.

2 Comments:

Blogger neha vish said...

Very very inspiring. Hope it all goes well for you..

Fri Oct 28, 03:20:00 PM GMT  
Blogger Julia Buckley said...

Hi Jag, just stumbled across your blog and wondered if you'd be interested in a project I'm working on. There are details about it on my blog here: http://buckleyontheblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/could-you-be-ex-file.html

No worries if it's not for you. Hope you're still writing in some form.

Julia

Mon Nov 19, 01:07:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home