Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Open plan


Open plan
Originally uploaded by j8g.
The office is open plan. People walk past, stop and say hello, we can talk to each other without moving from our desks. It's light and airy, a pleasant atmosphere to work in.



On the flip side, there are no secrets. I have a two monitor set up, so passers-by tend to be intrigued by this and more likely to stop and look. Being a habitual desk skiver this means that everyone knows when I'm eBaying. I am a multi-tasker, I am almost always working at the same time, on the other screen or in another window, but they don't necessarily spot that.



What feels particularly strange though is the person who walked by and mentioned that he had read my blog. (If you're reading this � hello � you may be my only regular reader!). Anonymity doesn't last long when the whole world can see what you're typing.



Why does it feel strange? Surely the whole point of a writing a blog is for someone to read it, otherwise I'd just keep a diary locked away. I guess I just never expected to meet the audience.



Strange. But pretty cool. As long as he can keep a secret...



--

Sent from my Treo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home