Friday, June 17, 2005

Bum

Weight: 10st 12lbs
Miles cycled this week: 46


A suitably apt word to finish last night's entry. Bum indeed. For when I climbed onto my bike this morning my bum was making its presence felt. Mind you, it still came second to the feeling that I had left my legs behind in bed. The first part of my ride to work is up a very steep hill. I nearly fell off, my legs were so tired. Fortunately, once I got to the top it became a lot easier. There was less of a headwind and a more downhill journey than the ride home the evening before.

The company I work for have two offices, one local (22 miles) one not so local (around 70). Naturally, the office I am based in is the furthest away. However, if I'm lucky, I can spend a couple of days a week in the more local office. I used to live a lot closer to it, so I could easily cycle both ways. At the moment I'm not fit enough, nor do I have enough time, to cycle both ways, 44 miles, in one day.

So, instead I put the bike rack on the back of the car and drove into work yesterday, cycled home, cycled in this morning and will drive home today. Most people, including H, think I am mad. I enjoyed it though, as much for the challenge as the fresh air.

I suspect that this morning's lower weight will not continue, despite the cycling. All the exercise has done is given me a bigger appetite, so I'm eating twice as much today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home