Monday, June 13, 2005

Hunger

Weight: 11st 2lbs
Miles cycled this week: 0


What is it about weddings and weight? For years there has been the constant pressure for brides to slim down to get into their dresses, now the same goes for grooms and their suits.

I am lucky in being reasonably slim. I'm not a rake but I am a sensible and safe weight. I used to be a bit heavier but between the breakdown of my marriage and the end of 2004 I lost 3 stone (that's 42 pounds and goodness knows how many kilos). Since the end of 2004 and during my recovery from depression I have put some of that back on, obviously more 'content'.

I set myself limits, the lightest I would allow myself to be (at one point I was at risk of blowing away in a strong breeze) and the heaviest I would become before dieting. I have reached the upper limit, so I'm trimming down a bit again.

H is considerably lighter than me, but she sets herself even tougher targets. So the household is now counting points for each meal.

I have given up lattes, stopped adding vanilla and quit my cake habit. I will give up pork pies when the fridge no longer contains any.

Thank goodness for the anti-depressants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home