Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rail Rage

Ok, so I should have known it. No sooner do I complain about half-term drivers and look forward to a day on rail, than I come across half-term commuters.

On my way home from my training course last night, I had an opportunity to catch an earlier train. However, it meant covering a couple of tube interchanges very quickly. Normally not a problem.

The Underground network is full of useful little signs. Some say 'Keep Left' and some 'Keep Right'. Every escalator has a sign telling you to stand on the right so that people can walk past on the left. It appears that these rules do not apply to children, pushchairs and tourists.

I can understand the tourists, to an extent. English is not their first language, so houw can they read the signs? But surely the fact that everyone else is walking on the other side must give them a clue?

I missed one connection thanks to a boy doing nothing but stare at me as I bounded up the escalator towards him and his mother do the same. Fortunately, the recent increase in cycling activity must be helping me a little (20 miles last weekend) and I managed to run further and faster than I have in quite some time. I caught my train.

This blog appears to be turning into a series of rants. Must work on my anger management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home