Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Drugs of choice

Drugs of choice

Chai Steamer
A almost sickly sweet concoction of steamed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, cardomom, cloves, aniseed and nutmeg. A momentary lapse away from caffeine, but what a rush.

Pain au chocolat
Would have preferred an almond croissant but beggars cannot be choosers.

0800, the train has arrived and I find myself sat on the concourse at Cannon Street. The world is rushing by, from train to tube, life too short.

There are four small tables here, silent souls getting their caffeine / sugar / nicoteine fix before another day at the office. The road warrior has finished his emails and this morning's presentation and sparks up before walking off. He is replaced by a married couple, almost certainly not married to each other.

I have been there and done that. I've been the laptop toting road warrior / geek, the destination obsessed commuter and the moment snatching adulterer.

Today I just watch, fascinated by life, wishing my Treo had a spell-checker.

--
Sent from my Treo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home