Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mundane to Sublime

Drugs of choice:
Roast Beef
40mg Fluoxetine


I wonder how long I spend reading blogs? Longer than I spend writing this one. Not quite as long as I spend working, although thanks to multi-tasking, it could be close. And the trouble is, it's like a pyramid scheme. Every blogger has links to the blogs they read, so if you find their blog interesting you may like the same things. So you start reading one or two of them, and then follow their links.

So you add links to them and read them every day. The time blog reading increases but with this pyramid scheme you don't get a free MP3 player. So it's not all bad.

Latest addition to my daily list is a girl with a [dot] com which is my inspiration for this post. What makes someone wondering what to have for dinner interesting? In fact, how does something this mundane justify my not only reading it, but also posting a comment in response to it?

Granted, the first post I read certainly caught my eye and made me dig further. But I am male and human.

Being able to follow someone's stream of thought as it meanders through their writing. Enjoying their style, finding specks of gold in that stream. That's the sublime.

Ok, I think my metaphor is breaking down. In my head gold panning was working, but on the screen it looks like I'm heading for a golden shower.

I won't give up the day job. Not yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, golden showers? :)

Thu May 19, 10:15:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home