Friday, May 06, 2005

Cars

Cars

I enjoy a love / hate relationship with cars.

I love them. I have owned quite a few different ones, from sensible little things to huge off-roaders, to very fast mid-size cars. And each of them have been driven to the limits and beyond. Whether it's extreme mud-plugging or extremely fast, if I own a car I expect it to live up to its purpose.

Which has a downside.

I hate them. I hate getting them serviced, insured and repaired. I drive a lot of hard miles so the maintenance is high. I hate the inconvenience of organising getting them in the garage.

I adore Land Rovers and Range Rovers, but I take them off-road and break them.

I adore my Alfa Romeo, but its Italian beauty is matched by its temperament. Fortunately it's a company car, but just because it's paid for by someone else doesn't make it any less hassle.

Case in point today - the catalytic converter in the Alfa has gone. I have to wait for the fleet company to approve its repair and repairer and then organise my life around it.

But she is my Alfa, she is beautiful and I love her.

I need to be very rich. I need to have the funds to maintain cars and to have enough so that even if one or two are in the garage, I've still got one or two to drive.

I need to dream on.

--
Sent from my Treo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home