Friday, July 08, 2005

Normality



Call it British Resolve, Blitz Mentality, Resilience, whatever, already life returns to normal. Tubes, trains and buses are running again. There tales of sorrow, of grief, of fear and amazing strength and bravery. This picture has hit me more than any other, the thought of walking through those tunnels seems to sum up life. And death.

I grew up in London, worked in and around the places that were attacked. I travelled on those tubes, walked those streets and I'm proud to be a Londoner. Tomorrow night I celebrate my stag night, in and around Russell Square. Terrorism only works by spreading terror. Tomorrow night my friends and family go out to prove that once again, they have failed.

Another image has inspired me over the last couple of days, in this post in Been Broken, the latest addition to my daily reads. It's beautiful and it, along with the text, strikes so many chords.

1 Comments:

Blogger broke said...

Thanks for the mention Jag. The picture you post here is extraordinary - it reminds me of Dante - an ascent out of hell...
Do hope the stag do went well for you, and that you had a good time,
Take care
B

Sun Jul 10, 04:55:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home