Thursday, September 01, 2005

End of an era

Drugs of choice:
40mg Fluoxetine (still)
8mg Acrivastine as required
Turin Brakes
Wedding cake


I shouldn't really complain about losing my company car. I was lucky to have one in the first place. It's more a case of what it symbolises, the end of high-flying-JAG.

When I first ordered the car, I had just been promoted. A six month secondment had turned into a year, which then turned into a permanent position. I was at the top of my game (for want of a better expression). I could do no wrong and I was going far.

I was promoted again in the time that followed. Very few of my colleagues had company cars, none of them had an Alfa. I was at my most confident, which is how I managed to change car sharing with H into a love affair.

Then I came crashing back down to earth. When I was finally able to return to work it was to a different, lower position and the car had to go.

I am slowly returning to 'normality' and this includes my daily transport. Far more practical, it should cost me about two pound less each time I drive to the office. It is also a big, family friendly car, H and I would like to expand our family to make use of it. So I'm not really negative about the Pug. It's a great car, perfect for my needs and good to drive. The loss of the Alfa marks the end of an era.

And the start of a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home