Thursday, September 01, 2005

Farewell, old friend.


Farewell, old friend.
Originally uploaded by j8g.
My 60,000 miles are up and my job no longer comes with a company car. So, farewell to my beautiful Alfa. We have had our ups...

She was beautiful inside and out and to the ear

She was fantastic to drive - a real driver's car, happy to do 120+, few cars got in her way on the motorway, even fewer expected to pass her

Car sharing in her led to flirting, love and marriage to H

We spent a wonderful honeymoon putting the last miles on her around France, Italy and Switzerland



...and our downs...

She guzzled oil and petrol

Her clutch cracked

Her catalytic converter disintegrated

Her engine management system didn't

She blew bulbs frequently

Her radio never really worked properly

Her suspension creaked



Of course, being a company car, I never had to pay to fix any of her problems (although the petrol bill was all mine). Now I return to the real world, paying for services, tax and insurance on a second hand car. A Peugeot 406. Estate. Diesel.



Ciao bella.



--

Sent from my Treo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home