Friday, September 09, 2005

Weaning, Take 2, Part II

Drugs of choice:
30mg Fluoxetine (20mg today, 40 tomorrow)
Champagne
Crazy Chick, Charlotte Church (lyrics somewhat apt and, yes, I most definitely would)


First day on a reduced dose. Too early to feel any different, other than a general positive feeling that I am trying to maintain. It seems ironic that in today's news there is a story about people not being given the right kind of support when trying to stop taking anti-depressants. As it happens, I think my current GP is excellent, so I guess I'm lucky.

About two months ago, I wrote this:

My biggest concern is the 5 days a week working up here. How will I cope? How will I cope if things go according to plan and H becomes pregnant after we marry and gives up work?

So, I enter a period of trepidation.

Can I cope physically and mentally working 5 days here?
Can I cope financially if I go part time, and only work 4 days a week?
Or can I cope financially if I take a significantly lower paid but full time job in the other office?


No, H isn't pregnant!

However, opportunity has coincided with desire, and I have been given the chance to change to a job in my 'local' office. It is a pretty big pay cut, but it should balance with a saving in running costs on the car. I will still go up to the other office once or twice a week, so I can still car share with H and will even be able to claim back my fuel costs on some journeys. Combined with a drop in my tax bill after losing the company car, things should work out ok.

I hope.

The real benefit is working in a better environment, in a job that I have more experience in that is a lot more exciting. There are times where I find my current role just so boring. That is no way to keep motivated.

It has been an eventful week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home