Monday, September 26, 2005

Insult to Injury

So, I fall victim to marketing. On each packet of crisps there is a code and every five minutes there is a random draw. If your code is picked you win an iPod. To suggest an element of skill, the spiel on the packet suggests picking a five minute slot most likely to have fewer entrants and therefore increase your chances.

So, as I have to be up at 0500 anyway, I text in my code before I shower. No, I didn't win. But every entry is acknowledged with what I assume is supposed to be some piece of music trivia. This is the text message I received:

Sorry you didn't win the Walkers iPod draw this time. Did you know Mick Jagger used to work as a porter in a mental hospital

That is not a good morning greeting suitable for a paranoid Monday dawn. And the lack of a question mark just annoys me even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home