Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Narcissism and the Grumpet

Narcissism – I have succumbed. I now have a stats counter on the blog. I'm glad I waited this long, as the stats are hardly impressive, but at least they aren't non-existent.

Grumpet – the stats give me the ability to do such exciting things as look up referrers or the search queries that people used to find the site. It appears that a post that I made back in July about being a grumpet has put me 4th on the list of Google results for 'grumpet'. There is something surreal about being ranked so high for a single word. Obviously, there are some searches that will return one of my sites as the top ranked site, but they are (even) more esoteric than 'grumpet'.

What it will take to move up the ranks, I do not know, but it will be interesting finding out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home