Wednesday, April 13, 2005

So this is the start then?

A strange way to start a blog, a memory out of the blue. Yesterday’s posting was inspired by http://www.yourstation.co.uk, a site collecting stories about underground stations. A final kick-start to a blog that I created at least a month ago and have been meaning to start for even longer.

I have always had a desire to write, or perhaps a yearning to be read. My life is not overly exceptional, the last year or so has been a bit of a soap opera though. On December 1st 2004 I was diagnosed as suffering from depression. Thanks to counselling, medication, and a lot of love I am recovering – I have been back at work for a month, having been signed off for three months before that.

I don’t know if anyone will read this. I will try to resist the urge to add a hit counter, as I suspect the knowledge that each tick of it will be caused by me reading my own contributions will be somewhat demoralising. I will instead look forward to the day someone comments – not only does it mean someone is reading, it means they have been affected enough by the writing to respond.

So, sit back and enjoy. My past, present and future will slowly reveal itself on these pages.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jag said...

Well - I thought I'd leave a comment. For a start a namesake is fascinating - but I feel that it's also important to share a little feeling of empathy - however little there might be.

Sat Apr 23, 11:26:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home